This Data Protection Notice sets out the basis which Fineline Design Pte Ltd and its related companies (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
We would like to bring your attention to the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out:
This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations.
1. As used in this Notice: “customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or
(b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
4. It is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii)
you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or Collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
5. Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
a. When you make an enquiry with us;
b. When you interact with any of our Interior Designers or our staff;
c. When you submit an application to us for membership benefits;
d. When you engage us for interior design and renovation services;
e. When you respond to our request for additional Personal Data;
f. When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list;
g. When you request that we contact you;
h. When you respond to our initiatives or promotions;
i. Possibility of recording your images via CCTV cameras (for security purposes) installed at our HQ, branches, show flats or any Courts’ outlets;
j. Possibility of recording of your photograph or videos during any of our events or third party open days;
k. When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a. Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
b. Verifying your identity;
c. Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
d. Managing your relationship with us;
e. Processing payment or credit transactions;
f. Aftersales and warranty purposes;
g. Sending marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
h. Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
i. Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes;
j. Apply for HDB permit for renovation purpose;
k. Provide you with membership benefits and services; and
l. Any other purposes for which you have provided the information
6. We may disclose your personal data:
a. Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
b. To third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in anyway, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our good or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. However, if you wish to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
14. Kindly be aware that while we will do our best to protect and secure your personal data, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
15. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.